Re: Bernoulli Levitator

From: Sally (jamess@acr.net.au)
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 08:12:45 PDT

The way I do this is to place a funnel into the end of the vacuum
cleaner and then a table tennis ball (ping pong ball) inside the funnel.

Another that I do: a 35-45cm (14-18in) piece of 1.5-2.5cm (0.5-1.0in)
tubing placed above a beaker or small bowl of rice. Have the vacuum
blowing across the top of the tubing...

[The air moving across the top of the tube reduces the air pressure
allowing the greater air pressure ouside the tube to push the rice up;
the air from the vacuum then carries it out into the classroom...the
students love it!! good for explaining perfume atomisers as well as old
fashioned pump sprays.]

You have some interesting ideas on your site. Thankyou for the effort.

Sally James