Bubble Suspension

From: Don Rathjen (donr@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 12:13:09 PST

Steven --

You can use a normal aquarium, but the tall container shown in the photo is
just a little more dramatic. If you want the tall one, you can get the
acrylic plastic from a plastics store (look in your local yellow pages --
if you are in a very small town you might have trouble, but otherwise
there's a good chance you will find one). You can buy it in sheets and cut
it on a table saw with a plywood blade, and then glue it together with
acrylic cement -- or you can have them cut and glue it for you, which of
course is more expensive. Also, you can ask in stores for old clear
plastic display cases like those used for watches and earrings --
sometimes they will just give you one -- a couple of my physics students
got one this way a few years ago.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Don Rathjen

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.3 : Mon Apr 24 2006 - 11:34:46 PDT