gas model

From: bdturner@students.wisc.edu
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 15:05:17 PDT

The model of gas molecules is great. How could I start a lesson on the
heating and cooling of gas, to show students a gas, or air, getting heated
and showing the effects. Something that would be done before the model is
shown as an explanation. First, I'd want to show to students a gas being
heated (without them seeing the molecules of course) and have them draw
pictures of what they think the molecules could be doing. I just need an
idea to get it started, what gas I could heat and what it would look like.
What would happen?