curie point

From: gordon flowers (jgf@tilc.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 19:13:51 PST

I am a 5th grader. I have been unsuccessful with this project which I
selected as my science project this year. After trying several different
types of iron wire, I have not been able to heat the wire up. Once, the
battery got really warm, but the wire was the same temperature as when I
started. I have left it for as long as 30 minutes with no results.

I have used plastic TinkerToys as my base. I am trying substituting wood
instead of plastic for the uprights that the wire is connected to. Will
that help? Everyone is my family has tried to help, but nobody has been
able to get it to work. HELPPPPPPPP!

My email address is jgf@tilc.com. Thanks for your suggestions.