Electroscope; quantity (number) of my messages

From: Nicholas Bodley (nbodley@world.std.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 12:16:05 PST

No gold leaf or glass bulb, either...

One thing that would be welcome in this experiment is a sure-fire way
of creating a charged surface of a definitely-known polarity, using
commonly-available contemporary materials. (Wool and polystyrene?)

[Nope, I'm not an Energizer Bunny, just enthusiastic. This site also
dovetails with my ability to comment on darned near anything,
sometimes even usefully. Don't even think of replying to all my
messages! Apologies for the sheer quantity...]

Nicholas Bodley |@| Waltham, Mass.
Please reply to nbodley@alumni.princeton.edu
Opera browser user, registered
Autodidact and polymath to some extent