curie point

From: SAMBASIVA KAVURI (S_KAVURI@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 11:29:23 PDT

Hi,

 I am helping my son in building the demo model suggested in this site for curie point. I spent some money on 2 diff batterie of 6 volts, and 12 volts. I selected a steel wire of small dia from a stranded steel wire. That wire never get heated up and it consumed 2 batteries completely and the disc magnet is still sticking to the wire. What could be the problem.

Can any body helping in suggesting how to heat the wire up to curie point so that the magnet leave the wire and wire looses it's magnetism?

Also I request the help in procuring diff ferromagnetic meterials so that my son could conduct some exps on them?

Pl reply to s_kavuri@hotmail.com or sidjhan@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
s_kavuri@hotmail.com