Re: question (reflected images)

From: On-line Snack discussion (snaktalk)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 19:55:58 PST

In the Snack, Touch the Spring, there is a black box, but no black
mirror. The main thing in these Snacks is the reflection of light,
and which direction the reflections go thus creating the images.
To get a 16 inch (40 cm) diameter concave mirror you should check web
sites for scientific supply houses. Here are some that are listed on
the snack supplies page
(http://www.exploratorium.edu/snacks/snacksupplies.html):
http://www.edsci.com/
http://www.fisheredu.com/
http://www.sciplus.com/
http://www.arborsci.com/
You could also just do a web search for "concave mirrors" and you
would probably find some other possibilities.

Nina Thayer
Snacktalk Moderator