Re: I need help!--re:Blue sky before 1/28/02

From: On-line Snack discussion (snaktalk)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 20:18:38 PST

Hopefully, you read the what's going on section again before the 28th and
got the answer to your question. Rather than saying that we are farther
away from the blue light, you would want to say that blue light has a
harder time getting through the stuff. As the Snack says, "The shorter
the wavelength of light, the more it is scattered by the atmosphere.
Because it has a shorter wavelength, blue light is scattered ten times
more than red light. "

Nina Thayer
Snacktalk Moderator