please help...

From: Shawn (triptronic1@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 19:16:38 PST

hello..i was just wondering if you could help me answer a question about polarized light and polarized filters. there was a demo shown in my class that I dont know how to explain. Two filters were placed on top on one another and were twisted until no light came through. I understood why that happened but when a third filter was placed in between the two filters - where no light was shining through - that third filter (which was square in shape) was seen and light was going through it. I am suppose to write a written explanation on why that happened...so hopefully you can help... THANK YOU...