im confused and ma scienz fair is tommorrow HELP!

From: Maimna90@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 09:01:09 PST

There are some words that i dont understand and they are underlined and are
in red : This is because some scent molecules volatilize and travel up to the
olfactory organ through a "back door" - that is up a passage at the back of
the throat and to the nose. Since we can only taste four different true
"tastes", it is actually smell that lets us experience the complex, mouth
watering flavors we associate with our favorite foods.
this is a passage from "sense of taste"
thanx