Milk makes me sick as a science experiment

From: francine costello (francine@wordassociation.com)
Date: Sat Feb 11 2006 - 17:01:36 PST

I am a seventh grader and I used your Milk Makes Me Sick for my science
experiment. The problem I am having is that when I put the glucose test
strip into regular milk I got a reading of 250 mg/DL for glucose. Your
experiment notes said that the glucose test strip should show that regular
milk has no glucose. I tested it several times and the result is always the
same. And I tested my test strips against water and the glucose solution
that you suggested.
I don't understand. Can you help me to figure out what has gone wrong?
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Elizabeth Costello