block scheduling

From: Mike Schulist (schulist@marin.k12.ca.us)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 01:45:11 PDT

Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:45:11 +0100
From: schulist@marin.k12.ca.us (Mike Schulist)
Subject: block scheduling

I teach eighth grade science at Miller Creek Middle School in San Rafael,
and we currently have a 45 minute period length. This is too short for
science labs, and the science department is pushing to move to block
scheduling. Other departments at my school are resisting the idea however.
Does anyone have any experiences in schools that use block scheduling I
could share with the faculty? I'd like to know which middle schools use
block scheduling so we can have models to go by. The clincher is to find
foreign language and math teachers who enjoy block scheduling. Please let
me know what your middle school block scheduling experience are! Thank
you.
                 Mike Schulist