Texas Helium!

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 17:55:09 PDT

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:55:09 EDT
Subject: Texas Helium!

The largest deposits of Helium is in the Texas oil fields where the Helium is
separated out of the natural gas and petroleum. There are actual Helium
wells in one part of Texas and the by-products are the methane and liquid
hydrocarbons. A huge steel tank sits on stilts above the facility. You can
see it for miles and I always wondered why it just didn't break loose to fly
off. I suspect it was pressurized such that the density was greater than the
surrounding air.

Best to the pinholers....

Al Sefl