Re: pinhole microscopes

From: Steven Eiger (eiger@montana.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 16:22:11 PDT

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:22:11 -0600
From: Steven Eiger <eiger@montana.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole microscopes

I once reviewed a proposal that contained as its centerpiece fiberoptic
microscopes that hooked up to monitors, they were always in focus thus
removing lots of technical problems for first users. I do not know where
to get them or remember their cost. I do remember being very impressed.
>Our department has just received a few thousand dollars to spend on student
>microscopes. Does anyone have a favorite brand/model, or suggestions about
>which features are particularly good to have for high school microscopy
>(9th graders)?

Steven Eiger, Ph.D.

Departments of Biology and the WWAMI Medical Education Program
Montana State University - Bozeman
Bozeman, MT 59717-3460

Voice: (406) 994-5672
E-mail: eiger@montana.edu