Re: pinhole iron poisoning

From: Heidi Black (blackh@exchange.esuhsd.org)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 16:18:25 PDT

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:18:25 -0800
From: Heidi Black <blackh@exchange.esuhsd.org>
Subject: Re: pinhole iron poisoning

Here is a website on iron poisoning-maybe ER wasn't that bad this time.

http://www.fda.gov/opacom/backgrounders/ironbg.html

Iron is the leading cause of poisoning deaths of kids under 6 in the
US. As little as 200 mg can result in death.

As far as getting the stuff out of cereal, I have had more success after
mixing the cereal with a bit of water and grinding it up. A hint is to
wrap the magnets in a bit of cellophane or put them in a baggy while
moving them through the slurry-much easier cleanup!

Heidi Black
Blackh@exchange.esuhsd.org