Re: pinhole 9th grade physical science texts

From: Steven Eiger (eiger@montana.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 10:08:55 PST

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 12:08:55 -0600
From: Steven Eiger <eiger@montana.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole 9th grade physical science texts

I would go with Hewitt's conceptual Physics; for all sorts of reasons.
Before you nix this, you ought to get some testimonials from people who
have used the book, ask them what it has done to their school.

>We are in the process of adopting a new physical science text for the
>general science students, primarily freshman who will most likely never
>take a physical science class again. I know it is still early, but
>does anybody know of one that does a good job of addressing the newly
>proposed science standards? (I know that is an impossible task, since
>the standards are an impossible task.)
>
>rob lee
>healdsburg high scool

Steven Eiger, Ph.D.

Departments of Biology and the WWAMI Medical Education Program
Montana State University - Bozeman
Bozeman, MT 59717-3460

Voice: (406) 994-5672
E-mail: eiger@montana.edu