Re: 9th grade physical science

From: Peter Geschke (peterg7@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 05:56:44 PST

Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 05:56:44 -0800
From: Peter Geschke <peterg7@home.com>
Subject: Re: 9th grade physical science

Conceptual Physical Science (Hewitt) for 9th graders? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

This book is excellent, but it is not at the 9th grade reading level - more
like 11th/12th grade. Your "one year and out" physical science students will
have lots of difficulty. I used this book in 1996-1997 with 9th grade honors
level kids and they had great difficulty reading the text.

I have also used Merrill, while far from excellent, is appropriate for reading level.

Peter Geschke
Mission San Jose HS
Fremont, CA
(510) 657-3600 x 3528