Solar Demos, Laser Keychain $4.99 & better DMM $9.99 !

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 02:33:49 PST

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 05:33:49 EST
Subject: Solar Demos, Laser Keychain $4.99 & better DMM $9.99 !

First let me assure my fellow members of the Pinhole List that I have NO
stock in Harbor Freight Tools. That being said, arriving in the post today
was a new flier with keychain lasers #37430 for $4.99 and the #30756 DMM's I
prefer for $9.99. They even have a great heavy duty lab cart for around $40.

The solar "demonstrations" are three wooden model kits with solar cells
included. An airplane and helicopter kit have the propeller and rotor turn
when sunlight is hitting the solar cell. A gramophone kit plays a tune when
light hits the cell powering it. These are $5.97 each which is less than the
cost of the cheapest solar cells alone from the major science equipment
suppliers. I remember one of the science supply houses selling these for
$29.95!

Hope this helps to spend your large equipment budgets! ;-)

Al Sefl