Galactic Year vs. Solar Year? I say tomato, you say tom-a-to!

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 01:00:28 PST

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:28 EST
Subject: Galactic Year vs. Solar Year?  I say tomato, you say tom-a-to!

> Really, what I was looking for was the time it takes
> the sun to go around the center of the galaxy. Would
> that be called a galactic year?
> -Marc

Gene got that one! Thanks Gene. On the term "galactic year," I had an
astronomy professor who referred to the complete orbit of the sun around the
milky way as a "galactic year." I have always used that term since and never
questioned it. Perhaps I am working with an archaic term being rather
archaic myself. Anyone out there have the current common correct term?

Al Sefl