Albert Einstein Fellowship

From: Karen Kalumuck (karenk@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 13:30:07 PST

Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:30:07 -0800 (PST)
From: karenk@exploratorium.edu (Karen Kalumuck)
Subject: Albert Einstein Fellowship

Pinholers --- Ron Wong brings up an interesting question in response to
this announcement that I posted earlier (see below). I don't know of any
teachers who have participated in this fellowship program -- have any of
you or do you know anyone that did, and can we find out more about it from
them? Thanks!

---Karen

>> Albert Einstein Fellowship: Where Classroom Practice Informs Policy.
>>
>> Apply to spend a year in our nation's capital as an Albert Einstein
>> Distinguished Educator Fellow, an opportunity for elementary and
>> secondary
>> science and math teachers, enacted by Congress and funded by the
>> Department
>> of Energy Office of Science, with participation from NASA, the National
>>
>> Science Foundation, and the National Institutes of Health. ....
>
>Karen:
>
>Sounds like a very interesting program.
>
>Do you know of anyone who has been awarded one of these fellowships? Were
>any of them involved at one time or another with the TI program of the
>Exploratorium?
>
>It would be interesting to hear what they have to say about this program
>and what they feel they have gained as a result of it.

 - ron

Karen E. Kalumuck, Ph.D.
Biologist
Exploratorium Teacher Institute