Re: Pinhole Digest #342 - 02/02/00

From: Carlie Fisher (fisherc@mail.pvpusd.k12.ca.us)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 08:07:52 PST

Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 08:07:52 -0800
From: Carlie Fisher <fisherc@mail.pvpusd.k12.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #342 - 02/02/00

> Dear Andy,

    For great genetics activities, check in the new teacher boxes in the Learning Center at the Exploratorium. I just finished
using my unit on genetics with my seventh grade classes, and the curriculum in there helped so much. The students really understand
how to do Punnett squares after creating their own "Mom," "Dad," and "Baby" monsters for the Monster Mash activity, and the Protein
Production line puzzle really showed them how proteins are made (and I would highly, highly recommend the extension activity that
went along with it, to explain DNA works in a creative format - I had students who haven't turned in a homework assignment all year
coming up with awesome rap songs about ribosomes!).
Good luck!
Carlie Fisher