An astronomical opportunity for teachers

From: Anthea1228@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 19:04:37 PST

From: Anthea1228@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 22:04:37 EST
Subject: An astronomical opportunity for teachers

Hi everybody,

I heard about this today from PTRA. I don't recall seeing it on the
listserve recently, but if it was and I missed it, please pardon the
redundancy.

Theresa

PTRA folks,

I was just following some links and wound up at Hands On Universe. It's
a lot of things, including teacher inservice in the summer and work in
the classrooms next year. This summer you can participate and be part of
an educational study.

HOU is hosted at the Lawrence Hall of Science in Berkeley. I'll give the
URL, but let you know that the application deadline is Feb. 15. So if
you are interested in learning astronomy and in teaching astronomy in
your classroom, you need to act quickly.

http://hou.lbl.gov/howtojoin/