re: photelectric effect

From: Heidi Black (blackh@exchange.esuhsd.org)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 16:25:24 PST

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:25:24 -0800
From: Heidi Black <blackh@exchange.esuhsd.org>
Subject: re: photelectric effect

Eric,
Maybe you could work something like this into an activity....

I had a student measure the voltage output from a solar cell (one
without a diffuser on top) while shining a laser onto it. She compared
the voltage using the beam, and then using the beam after being expanded
differing amounts. Now , (I'm not as up on this as I should be) maybe
if you had a blue laser....
Heidi