Smelly stuff that doesn't smell

From: Gary Alexander Horne (gary.horne@excite.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 10:29:11 PST

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:29:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary Alexander Horne <gary.horne@excite.com>
Subject: Smelly stuff that doesn't smell

A plea to the great pinhole minds!

Some time back I witnessed a demonstration of a chemical which had the
unusual property that somepeople could smell it while others couldn't. To
those who could smell it, it was absolutely fowl. To the rest, like me, it
had no smell whatsover. I don't know anything else about this chemical
except that it exists in a right-handed and a left-handed molecular form,
and that it is in the "handedness" of the molecule that this syndrome takes
place. Does anyone know what I am talking about and where i can secure some
of it?

Gary Horne

Gary Horne
4481-A Appian Way