PASCO vs. Vernier?

From: Deb Jensen (deb@meer.net)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 17:47:11 PDT

Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 17:47:11 -0700
From: Deb Jensen <deb@meer.net>
Subject: PASCO vs. Vernier?

Our science dept has raised some money to buy ULI's for next year. We were
thinking about getting the Vernier CBL's (or Lab Pros) and a bunch of probes
for use with physics, chem, and environmental science. When we originally
proposed this, I had reservations about this plan. I've used both the Vernier
and PASCO systems, and had great success with PASCO and endless frustration
with
the Vernier stuff. But, I thought it was just me <G>. Most of the department
has not used either system, although we have 8 CBL's and probes we use
occasionally for physics.

We've raised enough money for either system plus a few sets of laptops that
could be used to display data. Now we have to decide what to buy. I know
it's the end of the year and everyone's tired/busy, but if you have
experience good or bad with either of these systems, could you take a few
minutes to send me a brief review?

You can reply to my address rather than the list if that's better; if there's
interest I'll post the results.

Thanks in advance for your help!

deb \m/