Computer Assicated Laboratory Vendors

From: Robert Zafran (marklin@redshift.com)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 06:52:25 PDT

Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 06:52:25 -0700
Subject: Computer Assicated Laboratory Vendors
From: "Robert Zafran" <marklin@redshift.com>

I have had over 15 years experience with all makes and types of
probeware. I helped Dave Vernier test his first stuff and have followed and
used Vernier since then. I have also used Pasco and a little bit with the
CBL/Vernier combo.

I suggest you look at Personal Science Lab (PS) that was developed and
marketed by IBM, now by a small company in Boulder that took over when IBM
got out of the PC based educational stuff some 8 years ago. The stuff is
terrific and runs through Excel on a PC/Laptop. Price wise it is higher
(30%) than Pasco/Vernier, but it is superb equipment, and almost student
proof... I will get their web site posted.

I have three of the basic sets which have motion, pH, light and temperature
sensors along with the set of four complete lab exercise handbooks. I can
show them to you if we could meet, I am in San Jose and retiring June 16th.
I am selling off all of my 24+ year collection of science equipment and can
make you a super deal on the PSL stuff. I have about $3000 invested and
would let that go for $1000, you could then get other sets from company.

In any event, take a look at what I have..

I would go with Vernier since you already have CBL/Vernier stuff. I think
it is a tossup in what ever you pick.

--
Robert Zafran              *