Re: Pinhole Digest #419 - 06/22/00

From: richardb@exploratorium.edu
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 07:54:38 PDT

From: richardb@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #419 - 06/22/00
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:54:38 GMT

David,
        My memory of this feature is that it can vary from component to component [I
don't believe it's like a specific circuit design], but it typically amplifies
the lower registers/tones. (I'm not sure about how one would create false tones
or imply loudness -- I must have slept through that entire chapter in my physics
class.) I think a number of modern boom-boxes call their versions of the
Loudness button something like "Bass Boost." Have you condsidered testing
various Loudness buttons -- maybe comparing the difference in frequency or
volume?
Good luck,
El Troll

Richard Brooks Alba, Library Troll