inflatable whale

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 13:41:51 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:41:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: inflatable whale

Last year I used part of my Teacher Institute time
making a 56 foot inflatable Fin Whale. I used it in
my elementary school this year and I'm putting it away
for awhile. The whale inflates with a 20" Breezebox
fan and is black on one side, transparent on the
other. The students can walk in through an airlock on
the side of the whale. I got the plans from a great
whale website at Wheelock College.

Anyone planning a whale or oceans unit that wants to
come pick it up at my year round elementary school in
Oakland is welcome to borrow it. I'll be at the
Magnetism and Electricity Alumni class at end of July,
first week of August so I could bring it to the
Exploratorium and show you how to work it (you have to
drive it back to my school when your done). Its
pretty simple and quite dramatic. I dont want it to
just sit around. Contact me at
raleighmclemore@yahoo.com or call my home,
(510)436-6289 if interested.

With firm handshake