Body Antennae

From: BenP (bpitt@n2.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 11:22:59 PDT

Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:22:59 -0700
From: "BenP" <bpitt@n2.com>
Subject: Body Antennae

What is the physics behind the body as an antenna? Why do we sometimes get better reception when we grab the antenna of a radio?
I know we conduct better than the air and (most) walls around us, and that the moisture and salts on our skin make a fairly good connection between us and the antenna, but what is the rest of the physics of this phenomena? Is it ONLY because the antenna is, in effect, made longer?

Thanks,
Ben Pittenger
bpitt@n2.com

What are you N2? Choose from 150 free e-mail addresses.
http://www.n2mail.com