Magritte's take on mermaids; was: vitamin O??

From: Jeff Furman (jfurman@ocs.net)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 13:54:22 PDT

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 13:54:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeff Furman <jfurman@ocs.net>
Subject: Magritte's take on mermaids; was: vitamin O??

Ellen, I recently saw the Magritte show(now closed) at SFMOMA. His
classical picture of mermaids is 'The Wonders of Nature', 1953 and, as a
surrealist, he definitely has a different, humorous and thought-provoking
viewpoint. If you don't have access to this image, imagine beings made
from the left over parts of mermaids, i.e. fish tops and human bottoms...
Jeff Furman