Re: pinhole Why does the earth exert a large gravitational force on

From: Steven Eiger (eiger@montana.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 12:50:38 PST

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:50:38 -0700
From: Steven Eiger <eiger@montana.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole Why does the earth exert a large gravitational force  on

>Sort of, but not entirely. Her question was "Why does greater mass result in
>greater gravitational force?"
>
>Thank you!
>
>Jhumki
>I am resending you my earlier message, try it on paper; you will see it is
>entirely reasonable, and explains more gravity with more mass as the
>equation purports. What we do not know is the mechanism, gravitons are a
>model, but as far as I know have little data describing their
>characteristics.

Jhumki; Lets say we do not know why things pull on one another, which we
don't, but it is logical to imagine that if each bit of mass pulls on
others that more bits will result in more pull, in both directions. It is
just addition; with quanta of mass. So once we accept gravity, then the
jump up to bigger gravity is easier. I drew some pairs of dots on a
paper, first two dots, mM is 1; then two pairs, mM is 4 each dot on a side
interacts with the two on the other side; then a pair of three dots on a
side, again, same result. Quantizing and adding up the interactions makes
it easy to
see. Eiger

Steven Eiger, Ph.D.

Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience and the WWAMI Medical Education
Program
PO Box 173148
Montana State University - Bozeman
Bozeman, MT 59717-3148