Re: pinhole Kitty Torture

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@uclink4.berkeley.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 12:53:22 PST

Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:53:22 -0800
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole Kitty Torture

I once did a whole series of experiments on my cat using a similar
procedure. I had some bird songs on my computer, and then used a sound
program to cut out certain frequencies. First I played the birdsong with no
frequencies cut out, and my cat (Skunkdog) freaked out. When the low
frequencies were eliminated, he continued to be quite fascinated. However,
he lost most of his interest when the higher frequencies were eliminated.
There was also a significant Pavlovian factor -- no matter what, he got
bored pretty quickly with the experiment.

-Geoff