Re: pinhole acceleration lab ideas

From: Jhumki Basu (sjbasu@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 15:55:19 PST

From: "Jhumki Basu" <sjbasu@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: pinhole acceleration lab ideas
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:55:19 GMT

Modesto, at the Exploratorium, talked to me about designing a bag that drips
water at a constant rate (maybe 20 drips per second). You can put the bag on
a cart that rolls, then roll the cart down an incline onto a table. When the
cart moves at a constant velocity, the drips are spaced evenly on the
surface on which the cart is running. When the cart accelerates, the drops
are spaced farther and farther apart, showing that the cart is covering more
position each second.

Does this make sense?

Jhumki Basu