Re: pinhole habitat islands

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@uclink4.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 15:11:44 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:11:44 -0800
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole habitat islands

Monya,

Here are some nifty web sites that I found.

http://www.nasm.edu/ceps/research/AMAZON/amazon.html
this one has lots of Landsat photos of deforestation in Amazonia

http://www.tigerherbs.com/eclectica/earthcrash/gallery/forests.html
this site has both aerial photos and also on-the-ground photos showing the
clarity between where clearcut starts and ends

http://www.davison.k12.mi.us/academic/global/deforest.htm
this site has info not only on tropical regions but also on deforestation
in the u.s.

http://mapping.usgs.gov/digitalbackyard/aerialbkyd.html
this is the starting point for searching the online archives of the u.s.g.s.

There's also a good book at the Palo Alto library (the one kinda near
University & East O' Keefe) that contains lots of aerial photos of
geomorphic features, including some deforestation pictures if I remember
correctly. I don't remember the title of the book, but it was in the sectio
with all the other earth science books.

Hope this helps,
Geoff