Re: Pinhole Digest #530 - 12/09/00

From: Shirley Brungardt (shirleybrungardt@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 05:19:12 PST

From: "Shirley Brungardt" <shirleybrungardt@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #530 - 12/09/00
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 07:19:12 -0600

"We, as science teachers, have an obligation to convey to our students what
science is - no matter what field of science we are teaching.

If they learn anything from us as science teachers it should be that..."

In my opinion, we would not explore nature at all if we didn't ask all kinds
of questions. Example: I observe that there is a dark and light shadow
when I hold my hand in the light. I wonder why? I explore. Then I form a
testable hypothesis. If my students learn anything at all from me it is to
question and seek answers.

shirleyb