Newest materials for Solar filters

From: Alejandra León (leonale@racsa.co.cr)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 04:28:09 PST

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:28:09 -0600
From: Alejandra León <leonale@racsa.co.cr>
Subject: Newest materials for Solar filters

Hi everyone,

I am planning a campaign for the Annular Solar Eclipse whose center line will
cross the northern part of Costa Rica on Dec. 14, 2001. Does anyone know about
the latest materials produced to filter the sun? We will be manufacturing the
filters locally, but we probably need to import the film. We will be producing
educational materials and advice on protection. If anyone has ideas on
interesting sources and ideas, please let me know.

Alejandra Leon Castella