403b Annuity plan

From: Shirley Brungardt (shirleybrungardt@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 17:23:25 PST

From: "Shirley Brungardt" <shirleybrungardt@hotmail.com>
Subject: 403b Annuity plan
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:23:25 -0600

Thumbs Up! All teachers should take advantage of the 403b. I have had a
TDA for more than 30 years. The specifics of my plan have changed a couple
of times. I started out with a tiny "minimum" contribution & upped it every
year. I withdrew from it only once a long time ago (when you could with
only the requirement that you pay taxes on the withdrawal). I retired last
June. I have over $100,000 now. It is still growing. As I am not yet 60 I
can let it grow another 10 years before I tap into it. MO doesn't pay like
California. But we do have a very good retirement system (apart from Soc.
Sec.). I'm managing quite comfortably on my pension.