Learning Studio - week of February 4

From: Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 09:53:22 PST

Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 09:53:22 -0800
From: Gilles Poitras <gilles@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Learning Studio - week of February 4

Volcanos, Earthquakes and Glaciers. Oh My!

This week we announce a long list of on-line titles from the USGS.

Many of these are also published as printed works.

In selecting these titles I chose those likely to be of use to teachers and
those with a focus on the more dynamic aspects of geology that interest
those living in California.

To locate the links search our catalog for the titles.
        http://library.exploratorium.edu/

Tips.
 - 1 If a title has commas in it leave them out of your search. The catalog
treats commas as OR searches which will give you a very large search result.

 - 2 If a title has a colon in it leave it out or you will get a search
result with "No record found".

 - 3. Notice that in the record for each of these titles under subjects is
a link to "Online resources". Click this link for a full list of what we
have catalogued in this format to date. Many of the records have yet to be
announced here.

The USGS publications:

1. Acid Rain and Our Nation's Capital

2. Deserts: Geology and Resources

3. Dinosaurs: Facts and Fiction

4. Eruptions of Hawaiian Volcanoes: Past, Present, and Future

5. Eruptions of Mount St. Helens: Past, Present, and Future

6. Fossils, Rocks, and Time

7. Geologic Time

8. The Geology of Radon

9. Glaciers: Clues to Future Climate

10. The Great Ice Age

11. The Interior of the Earth

12. Man Against Volcano: The Eruption on Heimaey, Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland

13. Monitoring Active Volcanoes

14. The Mountain That Moved

15. Natural Gemstones

16. Our Changing Continent

17. The San Andreas Fault

18. Volcanic and Seismic Hazards on the Island of Hawaii

19. Volcanoes by Robert Tilling

20. Volcanoes of the United States

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum