School-to-Careers

From: Eric Muller (emuller@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 16:32:24 PST

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:32:24 -0800
From: Eric Muller <emuller@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: School-to-Careers

This is Eric Lewis, a new teacher in the Teacher Institute. I am part of
the SFUSD board for the Health and Science Pathway of the School-to-Career
program. We have created a professional development opportunity for SFUSD
science and health teachers. I was hoping you could pass this on to some
other newbies (and alumni in general).
On Wednesday, March 28th, School-to-Careers will provide SFUSD teachers of
science and health a chance to network with hospitals, scientists, and
CCSF, SF State, and UC educators. The emphasis of the day will be on
getting to know resources in the area that can help teachers bring outside
speakers and programs into their classroom. Also, teachers will find out
about tons of resources (such as lending libraries, internships,
mentorships) that are available through School-to-Careers. The day will
include a light breakfast and lunch and will include a tour of many of the
CCSF science facilities (Phelan branch), as well as an afternoon at
(tentatively) UCSF. Time will be provided to work with other teachers for
planning purposes. If you have questions, contact Linda Garroutte
(School-to-Careers,242-2595), or Eric Lewis (760-1447). Your substitute
for the day will be paid for by the School-to-Career program.
I believe that the day will be GREAT for all teachers, so call soon!
Thanks.
Eric Lewis

Eric Muller
Staff Teacher