Glass flask caps

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@uclink4.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 16:05:40 PST

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:05:40 -0800
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Glass flask caps

I first sent this out to the newbie list, but I haven't gotten any sources
for what I need. can anyone help out?

Today I got a bunch of really nice glassware donated for my lab, but it's
missing the glass stoppers. They're the top that have that word mutated-$
symbol to indicate the size of the stopper.

I looked them up in some supply catalogues, and they cost about $6 a piece!
Yowza, that seems like an awful lot for some fancy caps.

Does anyone have any ideas for where I could find this sort of stopper I
need for cheap? Our school is brand new so we don't have a random drayer
full of old miscellaneously chemistry stuff.

(The sizes I need are $29 and $34, plus some smaller ones that I haven't
measured yet.)

Thanks,
Geoff