- Learning Studio - week of February 18

From: Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 10:01:05 PST

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:01:05 -0800
From: Gilles Poitras <gilles@exploratorium.edu>
Subject:  - Learning Studio - week of February 18

Nothing electronic this week, we do have more in the pipeline tho'

What we do have is some of our new printed materials.

1. Robo Sapiens : Evolution of a New Species / Peter Menzel and Faith
D'Aluisio.
           TJ 211 .M45 2000
Includes lots of great photos of various robots, including Honda's
impressive and just dang cute P line of experimental anthropomorphic robots.

2. Five More Golden Rules : knots, codes, chaos, and other great theories
of 20th-century mathematics / John L. Casti.
        QA 21 .C375 2001
A work on mathematical discoveries of the 20th century.

3. Strange Foods : bush meat, bats, and butterflies : an epicurean
adventure around the world / by Jerry Hopkins ; photography by Michael
Freeman.
        TX 351 .H67 1999
Actually more than just unusual foods (many available in local markets), it
includes animals and animal organs that are used in traditional medicines.

And from our Scientist in residence:

1. The century of the gene / Evelyn Fox Keller.
         QH 428 .K448 2000

2. A feeling for the organism : the life and work of Barbara McClintock /
Evelyn Fox Keller.
         QH 429.2 .M38 K44 198

3. Refiguring life : metaphors of twentieth-century biology / Evelyn Fox
Keller.
        QH 428 .K45 1995

To locate other works search our catalog.
        http://library.exploratorium.edu/

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum