- Learning Studio - week of March 11

From: Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 12:35:44 PST

Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:35:44 -0700
From: Gilles Poitras <gilles@exploratorium.edu>
Subject:  - Learning Studio - week of March 11

A few items this week:

 - Printed:

1. Common dragonflies of California: a beginner's pocket guide / by Kathy
Biggs.
QL520.2.U5 B53 2000

2. The Learning Studio has numerous catalogues from technical, science and
equipment suppliers on our Reference Shelves, the next time you are
visiting just look for them blow the phone books.

 - Equipment:

VHS Rewinder - non-circulating.
Very handy if you have been watching a tape in the studio and want to
quickly rewind it and not add wear to a player.

 - Online Materials:

To locate the links for online titles search our catalog.
        http://library.exploratorium.edu/

1. Teaching in the Switched-On Classroom by Kent L. Norman

2. The Switched-On Classroom: A Technology Planning Guide for Public
Schools in Massachusetts by Massachusetts Software Council

3. The Research Guide For The Digital Age: A New Handbook to Research and
Writing for the Serious Student by Francis A. Burkle-Young and Saundra Rose
Maley

4. The Creation Controversy and the Science Classroom by National Science
Teachers Association

5. Issues in Science Education, ed. by Jack Rhoton and Patricia Bowers

6. Practical Statistics for Educators (first edition, 1994) by Ruth Ravid

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum