RE Honors Physics Textbook

From: MC elover (mcelover@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 08:35:52 PDT

Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:35:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: MC elover <mcelover@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE Honors Physics Textbook

Hey Damon

Here at Lowell, we use the Giancoli Physics book for
our honors physics classes. I personally find the
book a bit boring and it seems to be more of a college
text. This year we got new books for our regular
physics classes: Holt Physics. This book is much
better suited for high school. At times it's a little
too difficult for some of the regular physics
students, and I know one or two teachers are using it
for honors with success. Like all physics books I've
seen, with the exception of Paul Hewitt's Coneptual
Physics, the Holt book contains too much technical
language and too many convoluted explanations, and it
is much easier to understand if you are a physicist
than a student.

--Eric Friedman