charts / tables of bright line spectra

From: Ben Pittenger (ben_pittenger@n2mail.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 16:12:06 PDT

Date: 17 May 2001 23:12:06 -0000
From: "Ben Pittenger" <ben_pittenger@n2mail.com>
Subject: charts / tables of bright line spectra

Help! I've been looking for an online source of emission spectra for a few gases (Argon, Helium, Xenon, Hydrogen, and Neon to be precise). My students are observing and drawing these spectra from gas tubes and I am going to want to have them look at several spectra and have them try to identify their unknowns. I made the mistake of thinking this would be an easy search, but I'm not having much luck. I'm still looking!

I'm not looking for full color spectra, since I won't be able to reproduce them for my students. Just basic black and white pictures would be fine, or even a list of the wavelengths for these spectra.

Any ideas for sources?

Thanks,
Ben Pittenger
ben_pittenger@n2.com

Sign up for your free web based email today!
http://www.n2mail.com