(no subject)

From: Ian Bleakney (bleekers@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 10:15:15 PDT

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:15:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ian Bleakney <bleekers@yahoo.com>

Hello fellow Pinholers,

I am a high school science teacher in my seventh
year in Oakland. This summer I have been allowed
a tremendous opportunity. I recently recieved a
generous grant to spend 5 weeks in India doing
some "research" on science teaching methods and
pedagogy. The grant is very open-ended and
allows me freedom to do whatever I want. I will
be jetting off to Bombay in July (in the state of
Maharashtra) and looking for some schools and
teachers to meet with and observe in the cities
of Bombay and Pune.

Any (and I do mean any) advice for travel,
schools, contacts or tips in general would be
welcome. I will be stepping into unknown
territory, which is both exciting and
intimidating.

Sincerely,

Ian Bleakney