2 questions

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@leadershiphigh.org)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 13:49:16 PDT

Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 13:49:16 -0700
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@leadershiphigh.org>
Subject: 2 questions

Hi,

I have 2 unrelated questions.

1. The first question was posed by a student, and I want to check my
answer. If a truck carries a load of birds, and all the birds fly up
and hover at once in the truck, will the truck weigh less? My answer
is that the truck will weigh the same, since the force of the wings
flapping will press down on the truck's bed with a force of magnitude
equal to the weight of the birdies. Is this answer correct?

2. Why is urine yellow?

Thanks a lot!
-Geoff