- Learning Studio - week of September 16

From: Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 13:54:02 PDT

Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:54:02 -0700
From: Gilles Poitras <gilles@exploratorium.edu>
Subject:  - Learning Studio - week of September 16

This week I am highlighting two printed titles.

1. The Art of Fine Tools / written and photographed by Sandor Nagyszalanczy.

General collection circ.
TT 186 .N355 2000

A book on beautifully crafted handtools. While these are intended to be
practical tools the craftsmanship that went into them ads an asthetic
dimension to their appreciation.

2. Good Show! A Practical Guide for Temporary Exhibitions / by Lothar P.
Witteborg for the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service,
Washington, D.C. 1981 ; ill. by Steven D. Schindler ; editor, Andrea P.
Stevens.

General collection circ.
AM 111 .W57 1991

A very practical, highly detailed, guide for setting up exhibits. The scope
of this guide is far beyond what I expected. Covered are all of the stages
from planning, set-up, maintenance, evaluation, the tools you need etc.

We also have a non-circulating copy of this book.

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum