Re: Pinhole Digest #728 - 09/25/01

From: shelley seto (seto101@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 15:41:13 PDT

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:41:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: shelley seto <seto101@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #728 - 09/25/01

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the
Secret of Life video series with David Suzuki?
One of our teachers is leaving and taking this
wonderful series with him. It used to be offered
through WGBH (Boston).
Shelley Seto
Piedmont High School
seto101@yahoo.com

--- Pinhole Listserv <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ti/alumni/index.html
> [...]
> appropriate clothing,
> water and hiking shoes. Heavy rain cancels.
> (Directions to Visitor
> Center: Go north on the Golden Gate Bridge:
> stay on the right on the exit ramp to get onto
> Alexander Avenue.
> Turn left on Bunker Road, a brown sign saying
> "Marin Headlands
> Visitor Center" marks the intersection. Go
> through the one-way
> tunnel and drive approximately 2 miles. You
> will pass a housing area
> and horse stables. Turn left onto Field Road,
> again marked by a
> brown sign saying "Marin Headlands Visitors
> Center." The VC will be
> on the right in approximately 1,000 feet.)
>
> Sat, Nov. 10 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
> Chemistry with Easy Materials
> Periodic tables in the class period? Have a
> good reaction and join
> us for a day of chemistry at The Exploratorium.
> We will cover basic
> chemistry concepts as well as do loads of
> amazing, but safe, hands-on
> chemistry activities. Activities will be
> different from previous TI
> chemistry workshops!
>

> Sat, Nov. 17 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
> Biological Dissection
> Explore the fundamental biological relationship
> of form and function
> in this class that promises to be a real cut
> up! Sheep hearts,
> flowers, fruit, chicken feet, and owl pellets
> are just a few of the
> easily obtainable items we'll dissect. (No
> worries - we won't be
> doing frogs, rats, cats, or fetal pigs.)
>
> Sat. Dec. 8 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
> Emergency Room Science
> Valves, pumps, pressure, fluids-- do these
> sound like auto shop
> concerns? They are-- and they are also big
> issues in the Emergency
> Room! Diagnosing and treating the body
> mechanical are the topics of
> this workshop. Find out how IV's work, what
> "blood pressure" means,
> and how our bodies try to cope in an emergency.
>
> Sat. Dec. 15 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
> Mathematica
> Want to help your students overcome math
> phobia? Want to have fun
> with mathematics? Then come join the Teacher
> Institute to explore
> our current exhibition: "Mathematica: A World
> of Numbers and Beyond."
> This workshop will include an exhibit tour as
> well as classroom
> activities based on topics covered in the show.
> For example, you'll
> investigate topology, 2D projections of 3D
> objects, the visualization
> of data, and the history of mathematics. The
> show closes in May, 2002
> - so this workshop can help you prepare for a
> terrific spring
> fieldtrip to the Exploratorium.
>

> Event of Interest
> (NOT TI Workshop)
> Halite Collecting at the Gem-O-Rama
> October 13th and 14th at Serals Lake in the So.

=== message truncated ===