(no subject)

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 10:55:28 PDT

Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 10:55:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>

The Oakland School District has a map site that allows
you to see aerial photography of our city and schools.
You can "zoom" closer or farther, showing more or less
of the map. At the closest range you can almost see
people and make out car types. There is a scale
offered with each change in "your altitude", such as,
1" equals 60' or 1" equals 1000'. Can I take the map
and scale to determine the approximate height of the
view? Can I tell my younger kids "This picture is how
the school looks if you are a bird flying 100' above
us, or a 1,000 feet above us" By the way I think
others can use the site, www.ousd.k12.ca.us, and
access the "map center" but the maps are only of
Oakland.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh