fan fret guitar

From: MC elover (mcelover@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 13:11:36 PDT

Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:11:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: MC elover <mcelover@yahoo.com>
Subject: fan fret guitar

hello

im taking guitar lessons and my guitar teacher asked
me to explain a bit of physics. we had previously
discussed the fret spacing on a guitar (the distance
between the frets on the neck), which is actually very
interesting in that the ratio of successive fret
distances is exactly the ratio of successive
(half-step) notes in the scale. This number is the
twelfth root of two.

he asked me about a type of guitar called a "fan fret"
guitar where the frets are NOT parallel and fan out
from an imaginary point beside the neck. Has anyone
ever heard/ seen/ played one of these guitars? i'm
curious to see what's up. a web search didnt find me
too much.

rock and roll is here to stay

--eric